Barlow Respiratory Hospital offers a variety of classes and seminars for the general community and for medical health professionals.
Whether the seminar be hosted on Barlow's campus or part of a special event your organization would like to host, Barlow welcomes speaker inquiries. For information about classes and seminars, contact Barlow's Administration office at 213-202-6885.
Request a Speaker
Barlow Respiratory Hospital and its medical health experts are pleased to speak on a variety of important healthcare topics. To request a speaker for your event, please contact Barlow's Administration office at 213-202-6885.
Following are some of the topics Barlow experts have presented on in the past:
Topics for General Public:
• Respiratory Health Check-Up
• Pulmonary Function (Spirometry) Screening
• Smoking Cessation
• Asthma Management
• Sleep Apnea and other Sleep Disorders
• Avoiding Allergies
• Benefits of Activity and Exercise for all ages
Topics for Seniors, Families and Caregivers:
• Pulmonary Rehabilitation
• Exercises to Strengthen and Improve Breathing
• Safety: Injury and Fall Prevention
• Ergonomics: Back Care and Repetitive Motion Injury Prevention
• Palliative Care
Topics for Healthcare Providers and Professionals:
• Long-Term, Acute Care (LTAC) Services
• Barlow Respiratory Hospital Services
• Oxygen Use (for caregivers and healthcare providers)
• Ventilator Weaning - Barlow Respiratory Research Center
The Annual Hans E. Einstein Lectureship
In 2001, Barlow Respiratory Hospital was pleased to honor Hans E. Einstein, M.D. for his pioneering contributions and longstanding dedication to the advancement of medicine. The scientific session presented at the Annual Meeting of the Medical Staff was named the Hans E. Einstein, M.D. Lectureship. A cousin of Albert Einstein, Dr. Hans Einstein is no stranger to being an innovator in his field.