Barlow Respiratory Hospital offers a variety of classes and seminars for the general community and for medical health professionals.
Whether the seminar be hosted on Barlow's campus or part of a special event your organization would like to host, Barlow welcomes speaker inquiries. For information about classes and seminars, contact Barlow's Administration office at 213-202-6885.
Request a Speaker
Barlow Respiratory Hospital and its medical health experts are pleased to speak on a variety of important healthcare topics. To request a speaker for your event, please contact Barlow's Administration office at 213-202-6885.
Following are some of the topics Barlow experts have presented on in the past:
Topics for General Public:
• Respiratory Health Check-Up
• Pulmonary Function (Spirometry) Screening
• Smoking Cessation
• Asthma Management
• Sleep Apnea and other Sleep Disorders
• Avoiding Allergies
• Benefits of Activity and Exercise for all ages
Topics for Seniors, Families and Caregivers:
• Pulmonary Rehabilitation
• Exercises to Strengthen and Improve Breathing
• Safety: Injury and Fall Prevention
• Ergonomics: Back Care and Repetitive Motion Injury Prevention
• Palliative Care
Topics for Healthcare Providers and Professionals:
• Long-Term, Acute Care (LTAC) Services
• Barlow Respiratory Hospital Services
• Oxygen Use (for caregivers and healthcare providers)
• Ventilator Weaning - Barlow Respiratory Research Center